The Allotment AGM was well attended by new and longer standing plot holders and positive feedback was received.
Lots of activities had taken place since the new Parish Council Committee formed including:
- Parish Council attendance at the allotments on each Saturday before the next PC meeting (10:00am – 12:00 noon)
- allotments is a standing agenda item at all Parish Council meetings
- new plot numbers have been put up
- all available plots have now been filled
- weed suppressing ground cover has been purchased and is being stored on site
The allotment committee has now expanded to six in number with three allotment holders, Jenni Orme, Ruth Beaumont and Richard Earnshaw, joining the three Parish Councillors.
Allotment Planned activities for 2020 will include:
- improving the entrance
- looking to provide an on-site water supply
- organising a visit to Plain Pond Allotment site, Wiveliscombe, later in the year
If you are interested in renting an allotment then please email the Parish Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Claire Winter, Parish Clerk