Under the new restrictions the Government does not require schools, colleges or universities to close, and that includes Somerset Skills and Learning (SS&L). They will be continuing to support all their existing and new students during the latest period of lockdown and will continue to provide high quality teaching. Courses will continue in person, via distance learning and blending learning as they have done since September.
With the lockdown bringing uncertainty to many, SS&L hope the community learning offers will provide improved wellbeing, improved confidence, and new skills and knowledge for learners at this uncertain time.
Community learning workshops and courses
SS&L are also offering a bumper month of Community Learning Workshops and Courses which are free for anybody aged 19+ who lives in the Somerset area and has resided in the UK for at least three years. Please go the the SS&L website to find out more and book your place!
- Self care – 16 November
- Getting to know social media better – Facebook – 16 November
- Getting to know social media better – Linkedin – 16 November
- Getting to know social media better – WhatsApp – 16 November
- Introduction to using English in the workplace (ESOL) – 16 November
- Developing emotional resilience – 16 November
- How to use Zoom (Taunton) – 16 November
- Digital career searching – 18 November
- Feel happier – 18 November
- Childcare taster session – 18 November
- Creating and Managing a Budget workshops – 18 November & 20 November