Hello to you from Milverton Music and trust that you and your friends and family are keeping well.
It has been a whole year since the last time we met for an open mic session on 6 March 2020. So much has happened since then and our world has changed significantly. As I said last month, our love of music continues and we look forward to seeing you all again in the not to distant future.
We sent out a link in the middle of February to the Folk on Foot Festival of Love. It features 6 hours of music by 28 folk artists.
This is our proposed calendar for 2021 with the latest changes. These depend, of course on the Government Guidelines at the time:
- Friday 16 April Daoiri Farrell is cancelled. Now rebooked for October 21 2022. A first time at the Club for this outstanding musician and singer from Ireland. We booked him on the spot when we saw him in 2018 and we’re really looking forward to seeing him again, 4 years later
- Friday 7 May sorry, no sessions
- Friday 4 June sorry no sessions but hopefully soon!
- Friday 18 June Flook is cancelled. Now rebooked for April 22 2022. Another fantastic booking for us which will sell out. Flook are probably the best folk band on the scene. A mixture of traditional and their own music. We are so privileged to have them playing for us
- Friday 2 July this could be our first open mic session for 16 months. All welcome
- Friday 6 August no club this month
- Friday 3 September open mic session. All welcome
- Friday 1 October open mic session. All welcome
- Friday 15 October Cara Dillon. It is a pleasure to welcome Cara Dillon and Sam Lakeman back to Milverton. Her wonderful voice, coupled with Sam’s brilliant musicianship is a joy. Another sell-out this one
- Friday 5 November open mic session. All welcome
- Friday 3 December, Moscow Drug Club. We welcome back this brilliant and much requested band. Tone’s music quiz, fabulous food, including the famous roasties. Every year is a sell out, so book your ticket early