Last month’s report was about a meeting not happening, this time there are two meetings to report on. Held on the same day, the first was the Annual Meeting which covered a number of house-keeping matters. Phil Young (Fordbridge Cottage) was elected as Chair for 2021/22 and Anita Dakowski was elected as Vice Chair. The Council has had a dedicated contact for footpath queries for many years and Anita is to continue in this role. It was also agreed to establish a similar role to cover Highway queries and Steve Potts was appointed to this.
The Council has a number of Committees which deal with specific village/Council matters and the membership for these was agreed, in addition, the Council has representatives on various village bodies which were also appointed. Details of Committees etc will be uploaded to the Council’s website, following its ongoing revamp.
The second meeting of the night was an Ordinary meeting, which included the following business:
- It is intended that a co-option to fill the vacancy on the Council will be confirmed at the June meeting (if you are interested in putting your name forward or wish to find out more about the role, please contact a current Councillor or the Clerk)
- The proposal to repair the bench in the seating area in Parsonage Lane has been expanded to become a complete refurbishment of the area, which was originally built in memory of Ernest Kick (long-standing Chair of the PC some ** years ago), these works will also be to the memory of Ian Ainsworth Smith. Details regarding the fundraising will be made known in due course
- The ‘old’ defibrillator has been donated to the Recreation Ground, allowing a wider coverage of more immediate help should the situation arise
- Revised plans of the toilet block in Creedwell Orchard are to be drawn up which will allow a tendering process for the works to commence
- Suppliers are to be invited to advise and quote on the proposed Speed Indicator Devices in the village. Once the locations are agreed with SCC, these can be ordered and put in situ
The next meeting will be held face-to-face on Monday 7 June at the Victoria rooms, starting at 7pm.
If you have any queries on any Parish Council matter please let me know.