There is a sense of relief at the moment…Covid restrictions have eased, meeting people again has been a joy, and our confidence in the vaccine and using careful precautions is growing. We have all expressed our gratitude to those who kept things going during the last 18 months…the refuse and recycling teams, the volunteers, the medical profession, our neighbours, school staff and our local businesses….and now…we have the freedom to choose what we do next. Do we go back to our old ways of shopping, spending our leisure time or are we going to commit to our local resources and facilities as part of our thank you to them?
My daughter recently got married in Milverton and we were determined to keep everything as local as possible. We had no idea we had so many amazing local companies and facilities so close to us…
My thanks go to…
- The Milverton Stores who kept us supplied with food and high energy drinks!
- The Coffee Engine for so much food and encouragement in the weeks of stressful preparation
- Milverton Sawmill for the fabulous window boxes used to decorate the church
- Anne Webber Jones of Milverton for the variety of heart shaped corn dollies used for the pew ends
- Anne Brice of Milverton for the Hay Bales for the festival style reception
- Cover With Love of Wiveliscombe who decorated the venue and provided the photo booth
- Colin Weeks of Fitzhead who sang a lovely selection of love songs as we sat in the sun at the reception and DJ Kieran Clarke Entertainment who livened us all up later, plus his brilliant inflatable games
The whole of the event was recorded by Julian of Video-Trax in Bridgwater.
High quality local accommodation was found for guests at The New Inn at Halse, The Martlet Inn at Langford Budville, The Blackbird Inn at Wellington along with Airbnb facilities at Bishops Lydeard, Bradford On Tone and The Old House in Milverton.
At the reception guests were fed by Churros from Heaven of Taunton,( very popular), and a Hog Roast from Pynes of Somerset, North Petherton and of course our own Hungry Bear food truck.
The biggest thank you must go to Steph and the team at Milverton Cricket Club who coordinated and provided a great venue, super Marque and lovely staff as well as the bar and games room.
We are very fortunate to have all of these great providers and many others close to home. We have appreciated our local businesses so much during the pandemic, let’s show them our appreciation by continuing to support them now, as we venture out into the big wide world…Local is best!