A summary of the meeting held on 10 January 2022 is as follows:
- Planning Applications re works at The Old Police House and Jasmine Cottage, which fell under the Council’s delegated powers were approved
- The Council agreed to make grants to The Samaritans (Taunton), Wiveliscombe Food Project and the Wiveliscombe Area Project. It was also resolved that the Council make a grant towards the proposed works that are necessary around the entrance to the allotments
- The fact that scaffolding that had just gone up around the toilets was warmly welcomed. The works to replace the roof should take about two weeks, with plans now under way to revamp the internal layout
- The Parish Precept for 2022/23 was discussed and it was agreed that the level should remain the same as for the current financial year, £28,000. This sum includes a provision were there to be an election for Parish Council places in May, as well as maintaining all of the Council’s existing commitments
- The spring that was evident last year at the top end of Jubilee Gardens has reappeared, currently at a trickle, but significant enough to warrant investigation with SWT to hopefully minimise any potential flooding
- It was reported that one of the village’s many grit bins was damaged and this is to be replaced
Full minutes will be posted on the Parish Council website.
The next meeting will be held on Monday 7 February at the Victoria Rooms.