The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee celebration plans for Milverton are underway. Following the first meeting in January, a committee is helping to plan the celebrations. The celebration activities for the bank holiday weekend kick-off on Thursday 2 June and end on Sunday 5 June.
The proposed plans are shaping up like this:
- Thursday 2 June lunchtime onwards – The Globe street party with street food, and a village treasure hunt. Road closure will be in place
- Friday 3 June morning (time to be confirmed) – Service of Thanksgiving relayed from St Paul’s Cathedral to St Michael’s Church
- Friday 3 June 3pm – Jack Clemence street performance and workshop at the Recreation Ground
- Friday 3 June 7.30pm – open mic session at the Victoria Rooms
- Saturday 4 June 10am – community market at the Victoria Rooms
- Saturday 4 June evening (time to be confirmed) – barn dance with the ‘Barnstormers’ at the Recreation Ground
- Sunday 5 June all day (time to be confirmed) – The Big Lunch at the Recreation Ground with entertainment for all
More details will be shared as they are confirmed. In the meantime, we are looking for volunteers to help with making bunting to decorate the village and marquees.
If you have red, white or blue material that you would like to donate, or you have a sewing machine that you could run up some bunting on, then we would like to hear from you. As the saying goes, many hands make light work! Please contact Sue on email@example.com or call on 01823 400609.
Shout out for anyone who may have photos from previous jubilee celebrations, or perhaps even the coronation. Please get in touch if you have any photos that we can copy, with your permission, and use for the various events firstname.lastname@example.org.