A summary of the meeting held on 7 February 2022 is as follows:
- The Council resolved to renew its agreement with Somerset West and Taunton Council to allow it to make decisions on planning applications in the parish (this covers most small works, but excludes, amongst others, changes to the number of dwellings and Listed Building works)
- The Council heard of the plans being put in hand to celebrate the Jubilee and agreed in principle to make a grant towards the costs, with a formal application likely to be considered at the March meeting.
- The toilet roof was noted as being complete and the focus now turns to the internal refurbishment. An advertisement has been circulated for interested trades to contact the surveyors appointed by the Council to coordinate the plans
- It is still anticipated that the Speed Indicator Devices will be ordered shortly and hopefully be placed in situ during March. A new site for one of the posts to be in Butts Way has been agreed, though the process for getting this approved via SCC will take up to 6 months
- The monthly Highways report included:
- notice that SCC is pursuing the owners of a van that damaged a railing in Milverton. This was possible due to a resident taking photographs of the incident which provided evidence of the vehicle involved. If you witness an incident do please take as many photos as possible, and try to ensure the registration number is identifiable
- Vodafone has advised that it is to assess the need for the mobile signal boosters put in place around the village some years ago
- Tony McMahon agreed to take over the role of Defibrillator guardian, with Sarah Phelps acting as back-up. Training sessions are now being run again by the Ambulance Service and a session is to be arranged shortly
Full minutes will be posted on the Parish Council website.
The next meeting will be held on Monday 7 March at the Victoria Rooms. If you have any queries on any Parish Council matter, please let me know.