A summary of the meeting held on 7 March 2022:
- Dan Cox (Milverton resident and Highways Officer with Avon and Somerset Police) spoke about road safety matters, with a few ideas on options that could be taken to improve road safety in the village. The topic is a ‘regular’ for the Council so this was of certainly of interest
- The Council resolved to support planning applications in respect of Kingsland and Higher Bickley Farm (both works)
- The Council received details of the events planned over the extended Jubilee weekend in June from representatives of the organising committee and agreed to provide a grant of £1,800 towards the costs of putting on the proposed activities
- It was noted that adverts had been placed inviting expressions of interest from contractors to undertake the internal works in the toilet block, for which the plan is a two- cubicle option within the existing ladies section. (At the subsequent date of the deadline for responses in mid- March, four firms had come forward and the spec will be sent round shortly, with estimates of the work to be received thereafter)
- SCC Highways advised of a delay to the posts for the Speed Indicator Devices being erected, the works are now scheduled for April 2022
- The three containers which will enable water collection at the Allotments have been delivered so this should enable the system to be operational before the summer drought. Improvement works around the entrance have also been completed
- The only current footpath issue was the effects of storms Dudley/Eunice resulting in two trees down over footpaths
Full minutes will be posted on the Parish Council website.
The next meeting will be held on Monday 4 April at the Victoria Rooms. If you have any queries on any Parish Council matter, please let me know.
Clerk to the Council
Phone 01823 432959 or email email@example.com