A summary of the April Meeting is as follows:
- It was agreed to approve the planning application at Thornwell (works) and support the applications at the land at Station Road (works) and Fort Villa (trees)
- Plans for the toilet layout are being finalised, following which they will go to Somerset West and Taunton Council Building Control for approval, enabling quotes for the work to be sought thereafter
- A new grit bin has been purchased by Parish Council and will be sited at Courtfield shortly
- By the time of the newsletter, the posts for the Speed Indicator Devices should have been put in place, with the SIDs themselves due to arrive by early May. A grant has been secured from the Road Safety Trust which will cover most of the costs associated with this initiative
- Works to improve and repair the seating area on Parsonage Lane is to be taken on by the Amenity Committee
- A litter pick is to be arranged in order to tidy the village prior to the Jubilee
Full draft minutes of the meeting will be uploaded to Milverton Parish Council shortly.
The Annual meeting on Monday 9 May, immediately followed by an Ordinary meeting, will see the start of a new Council term. See separate notice seeking people to fill vacancies.