- Planning Applications re works at Marden and Ridge House, which fell under the Council’s delegated powers were approved. Tree works at Blackdown House were supported. Objection was made to the application by Somerset County Council for advertisement signs to be placed on the roundabout and Somerset West and Taunton Council subsequently ruled against the application
- The annual inspection by the Internal Auditor has been completed and relevant forms have been submitted to the External Auditor. Full details of the accounts and audits will be uploaded when available on to the Council website
- Following on from the public meeting held in Milverton, hosted by SC Councillor Gwil Wren, the Council considered how it was to deal with the on-going Creedwell Orchard development. It was agreed that there was little merit in challenging the extant permission, though the Council would engage with specific bodies involved (SCC and SWT) to ensure that any standards and conditions relating to construction are met. It was also agreed that the Council would contact Notaro to see if there was merit in dialogue taking place
- It was agreed to make a grant to Wiveliscombe Area Partnership of £500 to support the work done by Wivey Link, a service regularly used by local residents
- The Council is looking at ways it can provide help and support to the Ukrainian families that have come to Milverton Correspondence had been received from SCC Highways in respect of the 2022/23 gritting programme, specifically commenting on the apparent difficulty of gritters in getting through Fore Street between Creedwell Orchard and St Michael’s Hill. A robust response is to be submitted
- Following tests undertaken earlier this year, Vodafone had announced that booster equipment at four locations in the parish, that had been in place for approx 20 years, was to be removed, on the basis that the available signal strength is adequate. It has been requested they reconsider given comments made when boosters had previously been switched off
Full minutes will be posted on the Parish Council website.
The next meeting will be held on Monday 5 September at the Victoria Rooms.