A summary of the meeting held in December 2022 is as follows:
- The planning applications for works at Thornwell, Cranmer Cottage and 3 Wood Terrace were approved. The proposed developments at Dyers Farm and Station Road land were supported and it was resolved to object to the application for development at Butts Way. After hearing a range of views, the planning application for the solar farm at Preston Farm was supported, though having to reach a decision based on the conflicting arguments between food production and renewable energy was noted as being incredibly difficult. The final decision on this application is likely to be taken by Somerset Council’s Planning Committee early in the New Year
- Somerset Council is still awaiting information of drainage design from S Notaro Ltd so there is nothing further to report regarding Creedwell Orchard
- The following grants were made:
- £200 to the Garden Club to tidy the area by the Butts Way footpath next to the school
- £1,000 to the Recreation Ground towards the refurbishment of the toilet
- £100 towards a project leading to the documentation of the carved church pews, classed as historically important which is being overseen by Mr Peter Hutchinson
- Concerns were expressed at the delays on the toilet refurbishments, since it is now getting unlikely that they will be open before Christmas
- SCC Highways have intimated that there will be works undertaken in Sand Street, re-configuring the kerbs and gutters to alleviate flooding issues
Full minutes will be posted on the Parish Council website.
The next meeting will be held on Monday 9 January at the Victoria Rooms.