- The planning application for works at 27 Courtfield was approved under delegated powers
- Conditional support was given to the proposed tree works at Milverton School
- A good level of response was reported for the survey on the bus service, with the results allowing discussions to take place with the bus operator in due course
- Grants were awarded to a number of charities that support local residents. These were: Citizens Advice, The Samaritans, Wivey Area Partnership and the Wivey Food Project
- An application received from the Recreation Ground for a grant to replace damaged equipment in the children’s play area was considered and it was resolved to provide £650, which covers the costs of the replacement
- Mrs Jill Larcombe was confirmed as the Internal Auditor for 2022/23
- It was agreed that an email be circulated round village groups to assess how the parish is proposing to mark the Coronation in May
- At the risk of becoming repetitive, delays in completing the revamp of the toilets were again reported, the damp weather not helping the newly plastered surfaces to be successfully painted. (At the time of writing, these issues are seemingly now resolved and the final handover and the awarding of a cleaning contract should, with fingers crossed, allow for the reopening to be effected from 1 March)
Full minutes will be posted on the Parish Council website.
The next meeting will be held on Monday 6 March at the Victoria Rooms.
If you have any queries on any Parish Council matter, please let me know.
The next training session by Somerset Ambulance is pencilled in for Wednesday 19 April. Please reserve the date if you are interested. Final details in April.
Coronation events in Milverton 6 to 8 May
A number of groups are planning events over the weekend. More details will be provided in April.