The Patient Participation Group (PPG) is an essential and valued part of the Lister House practice and helps us to understand what the patient experience is really like, and what we can improve. Our Patient Group is open to new members.
The role of the patient group is to:
- Be a critical friend to the practice
- Advise the practice on the patient perspective and provide insight into the responsiveness and quality of services
- Encourage patients to take greater responsibility for their own and their family’s health
- Carry out research into the views of those who use the service
- Provide regular communication with the patient population
(Source: The Patients Association)
The Patient Group meets every two months. The minutes for our recent meetings are available under ‘Meeting Minutes’.
The Patient Group works best when it reflects the whole practice population – we would particularly be interested to welcome younger patients or those with recent experience of the practice.